Kayak the Strait of Magellan
Kayak navigation through Strait of Magellan from San Juan River to San Isidro Lighthouse. San Isidro is the southernmost traditional lighthouse on the South American mainland, located 75 km south of the city of Punta Arenas. Illuminated in 1904 for the first time, San Isidro is part of eight century old lighthouses placed along the shores of the Strait of Magellan. This place is an historical site surrounded by wonderful flora and fauna. Come and enjoy the tranquility of this unique experience.
- 8am Transfer to San Juan River
- 9am Arrival at San Juan River. Begin kayaking through Strait of Magellan to San Isidro Lighthouse (2 hours).
- 11am Arrival at San Isidro Lighthouse. Visit nearby places. During the visit it is possible to observe a variety of marine flora and fauna, Peal dolphins, sea lions, and many marine birds
- 12:30pm Lunch in the Lighthouse.
- 2pm Return in kayak to San Juan River (2 hours).
- 4pm Arrival at San Juan River. Return to Punta Arenas by van.
- 5pm Estimated time of arrival in Punta Arenas
Comments are closed.